Our University has a proven reputation for being financially stable and for prudent management of resources. We view sound fiscal management as key to ensuring the value of your degree.
- UNE is Maine's largest private university
- We have an A2 rating from Moody's Investor Services and an A+ credit rating from Fitch Ratings
- Our annual operating budget of nearly $250 million supports three campuses and six colleges
- We have re-invested $100 million into campus and program enhancements in the past five years
Committed to Affordability
of Undergraduate students receive merit-based scholarships
average 奖总包 for our students
awarded annually in institutional scholarships
A SOUND INVESTMENT IN EDUCATION
As you consider the cost of higher education, it is worthwhile to also consider the return you receive on your investment. At UNE, we believe your degree should be valuable and enduring.
UNE has been included in the 2023 edition of The Princeton Review’s Best 386 Colleges guide. This highly selective list includes only the top 15% of four-year colleges and universities in the U.S. We've also been recognized in U.S. News & World Report and MONEY® Best Colleges lists.
This recognition translates to student success.
- Zippia ranks UNE first in Maine for graduates getting jobs.
- The Brookings Institution ranked UNE first among Maine universities and colleges for its ability to increase students’ career earnings.
- Surveys of 2016–2022 undergraduates show that 95% were employed or enrolled in ongoing higher education within a year of graduating.
- Our student loan default rate of 0.6% is lower than the national average (2.3%).
With a UNE diploma, manageable college expenses, and our commitment to partnering with you and your family, you are well equipped for the transition after college.