- Spend a semester abroad at UNE France in beautiful Aix-en-Provence, a charming university city in the south of France.
- Enjoy life outside of class with a variety of activities, cultural events, and outings. Travel and experience other parts of France and the rest of Europe.
- Experience French culture through your daily life and through excursions in the region and around the country.
- Learn and/or improve your French language skills and study art in the birthplace of Impressionist artist Paul Cézanne.
- Take courses to fulfill your core curriculum or major requirements with options including courses in languages, studio art, political science, business, history, and literature. France will become the classroom by combining lectures with excursions.
UNE France is located at The American College of the Mediterranean in beautiful Aix-en-Provence, a charming university city in the south of France.
You'll be perfectly situated to explore art, culture, food, and history. Indulge in French pastries and experience the world-class music and arts scene. You'll also have easy access to trains, buses and budget flights that will enable you to explore the region of Provence, the French Riviera, the Mediterranean, as well as the rest of France and the European continent.
Living in Aix-en-Provence
To further your language knowledge and cultural understanding, you'll live with a French host family. Host families will provide breakfast and dinner.
You'll begin your study abroad experience before even leaving home by participating in information sessions and a pre-departure orientation with the Global Education team. The orientation will enable you to connect with other students in the group, reflect on your goals and get important information about the program. In addition, peer advisers are available to answer questions.
UNE France students enroll in semester courses taught at The American College of the Mediterranean, a school that specializes in hosting American students participating in semester abroad programs. The faculty typically combine lectures and excursions to transform France into the classroom.
The courses taught at UNE France are particularly applicable for UNE students majoring or minoring in global studies, political science, business or for students who are hoping to fulfill some of their core curriculum and electives requirements abroad.
- Airport reception
- Pre-departure and on-site orientation
- Accommodation with a local host family, including breakfast and dinner
- Support from ACM staff in-country and UNE staff in Biddeford
- Cultural activities and excursions
- Travel medical insurance
- Student visa fees
Students are required to have a 2.5 minimum GPA. Previous French language experience is recommended but not required. All majors are welcome.
You'll spend 15 weeks in France. Fall semester students arrive in early September and return home in mid-December. Spring semester students arrive at the end of January and return mid-May.
You will keep all UNE scholarships and financial aid and will be billed the same tuition that you would be billed for a traditional on-campus semester, plus UNE standard double room & board. You'll be required to arrange your own flight to Marseille airport (MRS) or arrange to arrive by TGV train if flying to Paris or another gateway.
Ready to apply for a semester in Aix-en-Provence, France? Fill out our easy online application or visit us at the Global Education desk on the 2nd floor of the Commons or Decary Hall 126.
April 15, 2023
October 1, 2023
April 15, 2024
October 1, 2024